Summer Bonfire Safety
What Are Some Safety Measures to Protect Yourself from Fire Damage As A Result Of Bonfires?
- Check the weather before building your bonfire! Don’t set up a bonfire on a windy night.
- Make sure that the area you have your bonfire is in a legal location. Before you begin, find out your state, county, and city regulations are about fires.
- Keep an eye on anyone running too close to a bonfire so that no one gets hurt.
- Keep a garden hose or a bucket of water nearby in case the fire spreads. It never hurts to be prepared.
- Make sure that the wood you’re burning is dry and seasoned. No furniture, nothing coated or treated, and certainly no railroad ties should be thrown into the flames.
- Do NOT burn anything with foam or paint! This includes canisters and aerosols. The chemicals from these items can release toxic fumes and are incredibly flammable. Such products are known to explode, so it’s best to stay away from these materials during a bonfire.
- Wet the area so that there aren’t any flammable fragments after the bonfire.
How Can SERVPRO of Greene County Help with Fire Restoration This Summer?
- We’re faster to any disaster- big or small. Damage is damage, and we strive to restore your Greene County, TN property "Like it never even happened."
- We specialize in fire and water damage, which is the foundation of our business. This includes fire, smoke, and soot restoration, odor control, fabric cleaning, and water damage restoration.
- We have a “restore vs. replace” mentality. This helps you get back in your Greene County home or business faster while also lowering costs. This mindset leads to the specialized training and equipment that we use to get your property back to the way it was before the fire.
- We know that every fire damage scenario is unique, so we tailor each restoration project to the situation on hand.
A summer bonfire can be a festive way to celebrate with family and friends, but if you’re not careful, the night can end in disaster. We hope that with these tips, you can have a safe, enjoyable bonfire this season, but if the situation arises, our experienced team at SERVPRO of Greene County is only a call away. Contact us at (423)638-1104. This franchise is independently owned and operated.